What do we use donations for?
Donations are mainly used to finance a booth at Boot in Düsseldorf. We need the money to finance the stand space and the technical equipment of the exhibition stand with electricity and internet. We also finance the exhibitor passes and take out insurance for the exhibition stand. We also create flyers, business cards and posters. The stand itself will be set up and made available free of charge by Dirk, our stand builder.
Due to Corona, we could not operate a booth at Boot in 2021. As a substitute, we offered online workshops on the Internet. To a small extent, we also use the donations to procure suitable microphones and cameras.
The paid automatic translation service from Google Translate generates our English websites, which we also finance with donations.
We are currently not registered as a non-profit organization and can therefore not issue any donation receipts. We park the collected unused funds and use them for the next trade fair appearance. Donations can only be made via PayPal.
But we are also interested in donations in kind for the construction of the trade fair and our projects. For example, we can use old disused or defective marine instruments for our DIY projects, with which we test the reliability of our self-built devices. Just contact us via contact form and we mediate the donations in kind to the respective maker.
Financial requirements for the exhibition stand
- approx. ~ 2,300 EUR
- Details: https://github.com/open-boat-projects-org/finance
- https://selgeln-forum.de (Forum on topics related to water sports)
- https://www.victronenergy.de (signalK support)
- https://www.gedad.de (Raspberry Pi, MCS)
- https://expotech.grade.de (Booth)
- Messe Düsseldorf (Boat exhibitor area)
- Sailoog / OpenMarine (OpenPlotter)
- Hoarders (I2C module)
- Ruuvi (Ruuvi Sensor Day)
- Joy-It (Electronics module)
- O charts (Digital navigation maps)
- Funduino (Electronics modules and learning sets)